Gloucestershire Out of Hours Service
From 1st June 2017 The Gloucestershire Out of Hours Service was awarded to Care UK by the Gloucestershire Commissioning Group.
GDoc Ltd supports the Out of Hours Service to ensure Gloucestershire patients receive a high quality and effective service. OOH clinicians directly involved in telephone triage of patients and the administration staff responsible for supporting this telephone triage will have access Choice+ appointments at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Patients suitable to be booked on appointments for the Choice + service are patients that:
- are registered with a Gloucestershire GP practice
- are able to safely wait unobserved in a waiting room in a location away from a hospital
- are not likely to need an admission or referral on to ED
- meet the criteria to be categorised as DX06, DX07, DX08 (6 hour, 12 hour and 24 hour) dispositions from NHS 111 and have been agreed as suitable by local clinicians (These are the lowest acuity cases in OOH).
- are not presenting with a mental health condition
- have not requested an appointment relating to the ongoing care of a previously diagnosed long term condition.