GDoc is owned by you: Gloucestershire’s GP practices, with a mission to support and sustain primary care.
Our successful bid to the Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund brought £9 million to Gloucestershire and provided Choice Plus and provided 162,000+ additional GP appointments and 100 hours per week of nursing time at no cost to practices or the CCG.
All profits from the PMCF were reinvested into primary care. Practices received a 100% return on investment (10ppp for 5ppp investment)
The GDoc Model
The new GMS contract will change general practice. We will need to work differently to create and develop primary care networks; employ new clinical roles within Primary care; respond to the renewed emphasis on disease prevention; and achieve the revised QOF, including the introduction of Quality Improvement. As your membership organisation, GDoc can support you to achieve all these new goals at practice and network level.
GDoc works in a flexible way. We provide services to practices and clusters (now PCNs) using the model that suits them best, from comprehensive provision, where we take on all responsibility for delivering a service, to a bespoke model, where we share responsibility and management with the practice or network at a level determined by them.
GDoc has been talking to practices and Primary Care Networks about how we can support your existing work and the new opportunities that the GP contract provides. Below are some examples, but we are happy to discuss any requirements that you might have, at practice or network level.
Sessional and Contracted Staff
GDoc provides sessional clinicians for a wide range of clinical services, and provides business support, particularly for project initiation. Available services include:
• Sessional general and specialist primary care nurses
• Sessional/locum GPs
• Business Managers – supporting whole network systems and the development of your network plans
• Project Managers – developing, leading and implementing projects
• Tender and bidding support – The GDoc team have a wealth of experience in the entire tendering process, from understanding commissioner requirements to completing and submitting successful tenders. We will support any member practice or PCN. (In the event of more than member requesting support for a competitive tendering process, we work with the first one to engage us).
• Administration Assistants – minutes, meeting management and organisation etc.
• Financial planning – supporting the due diligence process and forecasting
• Clinical Governance – supporting Clinical Directors. We are developing a governance training scheme and we offer bespoke support on regulation, compliance, clinical audit etc
• Facilitation – organising and facilitating workshops and events within networks
• Training – including arranging, delivering individual sessions or whole PLT
Back Office Functions
•Recruitment and Selection. This includes drafting advertisements and person specifications, advertising in NHS Jobs and other local/national outlets, short-listing, interview, selection, employment checks including DBS and fitness for work, payroll and pension set up. This can form part of a GDoc employment function or be a stand-alone recruitment package.
• HR functions
• Marketing, communication, engagement and public/patient involvement
• Compliance reporting and preparation
• At scale back office functions, e.g. Cloud dictation for referral, DP/GDPR support, online rota management
Mentoring/Development and training
The CCG commissions a package of nurse mentoring from GDoc, which is provided to practices at no cost. In addition, GDoc can offer bespoke mentoring and training for general and primary care specialist nurses.
Clinical governance mentoring, training and development.
Recruitment and Employment
GDoc can help with all your recruitment needs. We can recruit clinical and non-clinical staff as required.
We can employ staff to work across practices and networks. GDoc currently employs clinical pharmacists, nurses and healthcare assistants on behalf of PCNs, with plans in place to extend this service to other clinical and to non-clinical roles.
All staff are employed on GDoc Terms and Conditions. These are not Agenda for Change contracts and carry statutory, rather than NHS, conditions for redundancy and sickness etc. If desired, networks can adjust T’s and C’s to suit their needs. All employees, if eligible, have access to the NHS Pension scheme.
GDoc provides flexible recruitment and employment packages. We can take full responsibility for the ongoing supervision, management and training of team members, or simply provide an employment administration function covering recruitment, contracting and payroll. We also offer a stand-alone recruitment package. Please email email@example.com to see examples of how we can work together or to share any other options you may want to explore.
Looking towards the future
QOF areas – we can provide practice or network-wide support to deliver existing QOF areas, for example diabetes care and cervical screening, and to achieve the new Quality Improvement domains.
• Targeted Enhanced Services – we can provide clinics and services to maximise ES earnings, particularly for hard to read groups & targets, e.g. health checks for people with learning disability or shingles vaccinations.
• Targeted QOF support via in-practice or specialist clinic provision.
New GP Contract
Looking ahead to the GP contract requirements over the next 5 years, GDoc can offer support with:
• Structured Medications Review and Optimisation
• Enhanced Health in Care Homes – GDoc are developing a team who will have skills to provide nursing home cover to networks – we can also support clinician on-call requirements.
• Anticipatory care requirements for high need patients
• Personalised care
• Supporting early cancer diagnosis
• Cardiovascular disease prevention and diagnosis
• Tackling neighbourhood health inequalities